Migrating from Pop PHP 2.1.x to 3.0.0
- The Cache component now supports Redis and Session adapters.
- The Session and Cookie classes of the deprecated pop-web component have been broken out into their own individual components, pop-session and pop-cookie.
- The pop-version component now can pull its source from the Pop website or from GitHub.
- The Record sub-component of the Db component has been refactored. Functionality with this should remain largely the same, but there may be some backward compatibility breaks in older code.
- Due to the unavailability or instability of the apc/apcu/apc_bc extensions, the APC adapter in the pop-cache component may not function properly in PHP 7.
- Due to the unavailability or instability of the memcache/memcached extensions, the Memcache & Memcached adapters in the pop-cache component may not function properly in PHP 7
- The pop-web component has been removed. The cookie and session sub-components have been ported into their own individual components respectively.
- The pop-filter component has been removed.
- The pop-geo component has been removed.
- The Rar adapter in the pop-archive component has been removed.